About District Expedition (DX)
Every once in a while, there comes a product that makes you stop and take notice. Something so unique and thoughtful that a community and culture forms around it. That's what we felt the first time we saw a TAXA Outdoors Cricket. So much so, that we knew we needed to become a part of that movement. We started District Expedition to exclusively sell TAXA habitats for the Washington Baltimore Metro Area.
More than perhaps any other time in our society, a connection to the outdoors - as an individual, couple, family, or community - is valued as an essential part of a balanced life. TAXA habitats are vehicles for that time and that adventure.
Our goal is to introduce you to more of the products, culture, and community in the DC metro area that can take you outside and into the beauty of nature.
Why TAXA Habitats?
We're 100% focused on TAXA products because we think they're awesome! Are they the best option for everyone? Probably not. But if you like to be outside, go on adventures with family and friends, want the freedom to modify and make your Hab your own, appreciate ergonomic and aesthetic design, and are looking for something entirely unique, we think it could be exactly what you're looking for.
Some of what makes the Mantis, Cricket, and TigerMoth exceptional:
- Can fit into a standard-sized garage
- A TAXA Hab for almost every vehicle on the road, including mid-sized cars and SUVs
- Simple, practical design with fewer components, focused on maximum utility
- Intelligently engineered for how people use and occupy a space
- Beautiful, high quality materials
- Hackable for your priorities and passions
- Modern and elegant designs
- A growing community of adventure-minded outdoor lovers
Why buy from DX?
We focus on selling TAXA because it's a brand we believe can enhance your outdoor lifestyle. Some considerations when choosing DX:
- Don’t like dealing with salespeople? We don’t have any. We're outdoor enthusiasts like you, and we won't try to sell you -- just inform you, answer your questions, and help you determine if a TAXA Hab is right for you.
- We deliver your Hab to your location (within ~50 Miles of Washington DC).
- We offer transparent and competitive pricing.
- First responders, K12 teachers, medical professionals, and hospital workers receive a $500 discount off our lowest price.
- We support the community with a donation of $100 for every purchase of a Habitat to one of a handful of regional nonprofit organizations you select.
- You can become a part of our community of TAXA owners with events and adventures to unique destinations within 90 minutes of DC.